Here you can read about our statutes and rules in the organisation.
The name of the association is Jönköping University Student Team in Competitive E-sports. It is further referred to as JUSTICE.
JUSTICE is an association of members from Jönköping Student Union whose primary purpose is to put Jönköping and Jönköping University on the map of E-sports both nationally and internationally. This is done by the association putting the university’s best E-sports practitioners together and letting the gamers develop through practice and development of E-sports culture. JUSTICE is also working to encourage the development of E-sports in Sweden by arranging events with not just national but also international audience, and inform the public of E-sports. JUSTICE also arrange E-sports related events for its members, to create a community for students at Jönköping University, interested in Esports. JUSTICE is a non-profit association.
Membership in the association can only be granted to members of the Student Union.
3.4 Honorary member
- An honorary members purpose is to form an advisory role for the board upon request.
- Honorary members of the association are the first board in establishing JUSTICE.
- Honorary member is a title appointed for life or the dissolution of JUSTICE.
- Honorary member has attending and opinion rights at the general meeting and an open board meeting, announced by the board. Ordinary member, however, have priority in spots in premises or events.
- Honorary members do not have to pay membership fees and only possess attendance, opinion and appealing rights.
- If the Board believes that a member has done something that have contributed to unexpected success, the Board is entitled to appoint this member the title of honorary member.
- One can only be awarded honorary membership upon a finished regular membership.
For list of honorary members, see attachment 1: Honorary Members, JUSTICE.
3.2 Members’ rights and obligations
- Member has attendance, opinion, appeal and voting rights at the general meeting, hereinafter the meeting.
- Member has attendance and opinion rights at an open board meeting, announced by the board.
- Member is required to comply with the statutes and decisions of the association.
- All members have the right to apply for posts in the Board. This does not concern honorary members.
- If the elected member of the Board fails to perform his duties, the Meeting is entitled to relieve the board member of the assignment.
3.5 Membership fee
Membership fee is paid every semester alternatively by a larger sum, covering the entire education at Jönköping University. The sum of the fees is determined by the Board at a Board meeting with 90% attendance or more. Change of membership fee requires a qualified majority on a board meeting (3/4).
3.3 Members participating in competitions
- When an official player or team of JUSTICE participate in an official competition in E-sports, the player / team represent JUSTICE if nothing else is agreed upon.
- When competing, all present representatives from JUSTICE are expected to act in a sportsmanlike fashion and, in addition, not deprive JUSTICE or Jönköping Student Union’s general policy.
3.6 Exclusion of member
A member or ordinary member who actively opposes JUSTICE’s purpose may be excluded by the board. A member may also be excluded by the board if not acting according to the policy of either JUSTICE or Jönköping Student Union or if acting unsportsmanlike. To do so, a qualified majority (3/4) is required.
4.1 Deciding organ
The associations highest deciding organ is the general meeting. The general meeting shall be held at least once a year. Otherwise, a meeting shall be held when the board or at least 25% of the members demand it.
4.2 Executive organs
The executive organ of the association is the elected board.
5. Members meeting
Ordinary members have the right to vote during the meeting. Should a person who is not an ordinary member attend the meeting, said person could be co-opt. The person will then have attending-, opinion- and appealing rights
For the meeting to be quorate there must be at least one member present in addition to the board.
All ordinarie- and honorary members can submit motions. Motions must be received by the Board at least two weeks before the meeting.
5.8.2 Extra Meeting
1. Opening of the meeting.
2. Adjustment of vote count.
3. Election of meeting chairman.
4. Election of meeting secretary.
5. Election of two adjusters who is also vote counters.
6. The correct proclamation of the meeting.
7. Approval of the agenda.
10. Any Other Businesses.
11. Closing of the Meeting.
Matters of economic nature may not be decided upon at Any Other Businesses.
5.2 Time of meeting and summons
The meeting shall be announced at least three weeks before the meeting. The notice shall be available to all members. The general meeting shall be held on the spring semester, preferably in April.
Decisions are made by simple majority. At the same number of votes, a dice roll will determine the decision.
All the following items must be included in the agenda. Items not mentioned here can be included by the elected board.
A protocol shall be written at the meeting. The chairman, the secretary and two elected adjusters will adjust and sign the protocol. The protocol shall be available one month after the meeting, at the latest.
The documents of the meeting shall be available to members at least one week before the meeting.
Voting shall be open. In case of personal elections, the vote shall be closed if any member so requests. Voting may not be done by a proxy.
5.8.1 Annual Meeting
- Opening of the meeting.
- Adjustment of vote count.
- Election of meeting chairman.
- Election of meeting secretary.
- Election of two adjusters who is also vote counters.
- The correct proclamation of the meeting.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Presentation and approval budget.
- Suggestions for the Plan of Operations.
- Election of President
- Election of treasurer.
- Election of two other board members.
- Any Other Businesses
- Closing of the Meeting
Matters of economic nature may not be decided upon at Any Other Businesses.
The board must include the following posts:
– Vice President
6.2 Election of board members
In order to get elected to the board, one must first be an ordinary member.
6.2.3 Commission of Trust
The board may elect a member for a commission of trust when deemed necessary. A member on a commission of trust possess attendance and opinion rights on board meetings, should nothing else be agreed upon. The board shall work for every official team having a coordinator on a commission of trust. The board may relieve the commissioner of trust by a declaration of no confidence during a board meeting. No confidence is confirmed by a qualified majority (3/4) where 90% of the board is present.
6.3 The tasks of the board
- To handle the associations operations in accordance with statutes and the general meetings decisions.
- To work for the interests of the members.
- To speak on behalf of the members.
- To maintain the Plan of Operations, business report, budget and financial accounting.
- To prepare the meeting.
- To ensure that the associations and its players possess means to develop further.
If a member of the board resigns from a post, the board can by-elect a person to the post. The by-elected have the same authority as an ordinary board member, but is considered a commission of trust by the board. The board may relieve the by-elect by a declaration of no confidence during a board meeting. No confidence is confirmed by a qualified majority (3/4) where 90% of the board is present.
6.2.4 Declaration of no confidence
A declaration of no confidence in a, by a general meeting elected board member, may be submitted for the general meeting or an extra meeting. An extra meeting is held if the board or 25% of the members demand it. No confidence is confirmed by a qualified majority (3/4) on the meeting. Should the declaration of no confidence be confirmed, the board member immediately loses its position in the board, although not its membership. To exclude a member, see paragraph §3.6.
6.4 Board meeting
- Board members have attendance-, opinion- and appeal rights.
- The board must hold a board-meeting at least once a month.
- The board will be executive by the presence of at least 50% of the board members at a board-meeting.
- In the eventuality of an equal vote, the chairman’s vote will decide.
A protocol shall be written at the meeting. The chairman and the secretary and adjusters, adjust the protocol. The protocol must be available for the members upon request
JUSTICE is a non-profit organization. By an eventual profit, the profit will be reinvested into the association with the purpose of benefiting all of its members. Non-monetary prizes, such as items and/or products, specified to a player will be considered the contestants. Should a conflict arise, the board will have the executive role. Should a team win a prize sum of 5,000 SEK or larger, the sum shall be split between the association and the contestants 10% / 90%, where the association receives 10% and the contestants receive 90%, if nothing else is agreed upon between the board and the contestants in a contract, designed specifically for the particular tournament or game.
7.1 Signing rights
Signing rights belong to the President, Vice President or Treasurer, signed by two jointly.
7.2 Business year and fiscal year
The associations business year and fiscal year covers the period from September 1st to August 31st.
8.1 Change of statues
To amend this statute, a decision at the general meeting is required.
8.2 Interpretative prerogative
Interpretative prerogative of the statutes and other generally given instructions belongs to the board. It is recommended to consult an honorary member or Jönköping Student Union in the event of uncertainties.
9. Graphic profile, name and logotype
When amending the logotype and other graphical changes, a board decision is required. A decision is confirmed by a qualified majority (3/4) where 90% of the board is present. There may not be any graphical changes without complying with this rule. If the Marketing Department of Jönköping University should waive this responsibility, this section may be overlooked. In other cases, this section may not be changed.
A decision on the dissolution of the association is made by a ¾ majority at two consecutive meetings. After dissolution, the association’s assets shall be managed by Jönköping Student Union. These assets shall be managed with the purpose of promoting Esports.